- I have a bug bite on my arm that is itching like the dickens. This is odd because they usually don’t bite me. My family says it’s because I’m not sweet.
The dirty bastards.
- John was off today and will be tomorrow and somehow we made it out of the house and ran errands and got at least a third of it done.
- People will buy the damnedest shit on ebay. And over look some really great things that I felt sure would go. Weird. I never know what’s going to be snatched up.
- We have dumped 5 bags of decomposed granite into the hole that Kes has wallowed out where she drives off the side of the driveway when she pulls in and out.
I think it will take another two and some crime scene tape to fix and maintain the levelicity of the yard.
- “Levelicity” is totally a word because it is going to be in my Dicktionary, (when I get around to writing it), and it is practically self-explanatory. For instance I know my readers are too intelligent to need me to define it for them… 😉
- Poor Keelan got into an auto accident the other day when some jerk ran a red light and T-boned her in the passenger side door. Her cute little red bug is in need of some body repair, and is in the shop, but the worst part is one of her best friends was in the car with her and has a shattered arm and severely bruised ribs.
Thank you God for side air bags and the fact that VW bugs are made of metal and not fiberglass. Otherwise this would have been a LOT more tragic.
As it is Keelan looks like she has a gigantic hickey on her neck where the shoulder belt caught her.
She SAYS this is not the look she’s shooting for.
- There are bags of mulch outside waiting for me to dump them out into the flowerbeds and this is exciting!
How sad is that?
- I have an actual, functioning guest room now and you are all invited over! We finally got around to buying a bed and I just recently bought the coverlet and the bed skirt is on order. When I go to pick it up I will get the two matching pillow shams because I know you people are too classy to sleep in a room that doesn’t have coordinating bedding.
There is a new blanket under there, too! Nothing but the best for you guys! I will even crack open a new cake of soap for the guest bath lavatory and break out the GOOD toilet paper! (When I say, “Your ass is safe with me!”, I’m not just being crude- but literal!)
Now, I just have to find some nightstands…
That’s a folding TV tray over on the other side of the bed.
Yeah… I know. I CAN DO BETTER!
Just go ahead and trust me and book your vacations at La Casa HalfAsstica today!
That’s all for now!
Comment by Nan on April 8, 2011 at 12:53 am
Oh no, I’m sorry the girls were hurt! I’m coming over to stay. I like porridge for brekkies, these days…
Comment by Grandma J on April 8, 2011 at 8:27 am
I don’t need no night stand or fancy shams because you have the mother of all Crucifix’s on the wall….
I’m on my way….
Comment by Krissa on April 8, 2011 at 9:27 am
Heh! Yeah, I noticed that after I had posted the photo and thought, “Oh well, I guess it’s pretty evident that a little old Catholic lady once owned that thing.” It IS a pretty one though.
Please begin packing your bags, Janice. 😉
Comment by Krissa on April 8, 2011 at 9:28 am
Get over here, sista! I am off to buy porridge!
Comment by Mr. Corvette on April 8, 2011 at 11:27 am
Thanks for the invite to use the guest room. Somehow I don’t think your present John would appreciate this John taking you up on your offer. By the way, it seems to me that a Dicktionary is an unusual place to list the term “levelicity.” It sounds like it should contain much more earthy terms. And, another by the way: Why is this reply appearing in a large, bold typeface??? I didn’t choose it, it just appeared, and I have not taken the effort to try to change it. We’ll see if it is applied when the reply is posted. The other replies don’t appear to be in this typeface. Perhaps it is just for me because you know my fragile ego needs stroking. Stroking – now there is a term for the dicktionary.
Comment by Mr. Corvette on April 8, 2011 at 11:29 am
Yup, the large bold stuff went away when posted.
Comment by Roger on April 8, 2011 at 1:18 pm
Sorry to hear about Keelan’s car and her friends “hickey.” I wonder if Jenni would rather visit you or the House of the Mouse, or however you say that…. Methinks that WDW will beat you out of contention, sorry. Of course if you had a nice water park in the backyard…
Comment by Krissa on April 8, 2011 at 5:20 pm
OHMIGOSH! (stoking ego, stroking ego, stroking ego), Of course it’s in bold type! It was set up to only give you bold type if you are one of my special commenters!
Comment by Krissa on April 8, 2011 at 5:23 pm
Oh for the love of God! First it’s a new bed! Then it’s MATCHING coverlet and pillow shams with bed skirt! Now? I gotta start construction on the backyard waterpark!
THE PRESSURE!!!! 😉
Comment by joanna jenkins on April 8, 2011 at 6:19 pm
Wow, very scary stuff with the car accident. So glad it wasn’t worse. Hope Keelan and her friend are on the mend soon.
Lovely guest room, tv table or not. It’s so cozy and inviting.
happy weekend, jj
Comment by Krissa on April 8, 2011 at 6:50 pm
Sooooooo, when can I expect you? 😉
Comment by Red Hamster on April 10, 2011 at 5:32 pm
I’m glad Keelan’s accident wasn’t worse.
Is that a lavender wreath above the bed? I love lavender wreaths. Summer would be the perfect time for you to open a lavender-themed B&B. I’m sure you’d be quite the entertaining hostess.
Comment by Krissa on April 10, 2011 at 5:45 pm
It IS in fact lavender. And, it’s the very best kind! Fake! However, I don’t want you for one minute to think that I take my hostess duties lightly.
I have been known to go in that room with a can of air freshener and blast the hell out of the place. And believe me, Susan, if you come visit me I will be aaaaall over the stank in this house.
How’s that for an invitation? Just makes you want to hurry on down here, huh?
Comment by Karen on April 11, 2011 at 5:54 am
I love that I now have a place to stay in Half Assticville. Should I ever find myself in that neck of the woods, I’d love to visit. For real.
Comment by Krissa on April 11, 2011 at 3:10 pm
And I’d love to have you! FOR REAL!
Comment by noe noe girl on April 12, 2011 at 7:24 am
Make room for my shoes sista!
Comment by Krissa on April 16, 2011 at 6:12 pm
I have ALL KINDS of room for your shoes! Bring it on!
You must be logged in to post a comment.