My List to get rich quick. My attempt to make a stab at my own little version of the gross national debt. And I DO mean gross.
- put the horse trough on Craig’s List for $50.00. Check- (SOLD)
- put the saddle on Craig’s List for, ummm, $200.00?…. $300.00? (Will do as soon as Keelan gets home and cleans it up. *note to self, tell John to bring home saddle soap*
- investigate the cost of saddles.
- put Kes’s text books and a few others on Amazon to sell. 7 of them. Check- (SOLD…some of them)
- put a bunch of my McCoy pottery pieces on Ebay. Check- (bidding ends late tomorrow, prepare to be rich, less poor.
I cannot freaking believe that Kes just came in and told me that she was looking at her courses on line and she has a biology 2 class, (or some such shit) that is requiring the exact same book that we just sold for $80.00.
AAAARRRG! WHY, OH WHY IS MY GET RICH (quick, deadly slow, whatever), SCHEME BACKFIRING?
On the bright side, I have scarred Keelan for life… mentally, that is. During the Christmas meal preparation, she wandered into the kitchen and gazed longingly at the turkey that I had recently pulled out of the oven. I thought I’d mess with her a little bit and I gestured to the perfectly round, neat little 22 caliber sized hole in the breast of the bird where I had recently pulled out the pop up button thing that tells you when it is sufficiently done on the inside.
I said, “Oh, look… that’s where they shot it.”
Her eye’s got huge and I swear her face turned white as she stared at that turkey that she must have been sure had died a natural death of “want-to-contribute-to-our-holiday-meal”. Everyone started laughing and she blushed. Sometimes she is sooooo sweet.
And then there are the other times…