Warning: Use of undefined constant user_level - assumed 'user_level' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /nfs/c01/h02/mnt/911/domains/halfasstic.com/html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-google-analytics/ultimate_ga.php on line 524
Hello intertubes! I am back with a quick update!
Nothing too spectacular has happened since the last time I announced the goings on here at the Nut House. How bouts a quickie update? Too bad, here it is:
- John was off yesterday and we ran amuck. The caregiver provider stayed here with H and we were muckyrunning aaaaall over the place. For gasoline to be so freakin’ expensive, we were WILD! heh heh. We made it to Macy’s to see if there were any good deals to be had and sure enough, John’s ultra sensitive nose for economical spending steered us to a few new ties for him. His butt cheeks made a squeaking noise as we walked over to where the tie sale rack sits. He is always needing new neck-wear, as he isn’t that easy on his ties. We got three $45.00 Donald Trump ties for just $5.63 a piece. He wore one of them today, but here are the other two.
They look a little pink here. Actually they are dark red.
Here is the proof! With tax, $18.28 for three Donald Trump ties.
The trick at Macy’s is to find the stuff that’s on sale and take it over to the price checker thing and start scanning anything that you are remotely interested in because they are really good/bad about either mispricing or just not putting correct signage out for the sale products. And the prices are SO good that I think they are probably just making mistakes when they are pricing, but it works out great for us almost every time we go. My sweet little miser husband pulled out his dusty, cobweb covered wallet and paid $18.28 for all three. Good deal!
- Hurricane Dolly made landfall sometime yesterday evening, I think, and we finally started getting some much needed rain from it. It is still raining off and on. Woo-Hoo!
- My brother in Italy isn’t. In Italy, that is. He arrived last night at my parents house in Decatur, Tx and I am hoping we will be able to meet up with all of them on Wednesday for a visit.
- Henrietta is still catheter-free and letting her hoo-hoo rest. I asked her how it was getting on and she pulled a super serious face and replied, “Oh, it’s doing very well, thank you!”, and then burst out laughing. Last nigh she asked me if I would close the blinds for her in her room and I said sure and was doing so and she said, “Now make sure they’re closed up tight…”. and I said I thought they were and no one could see in that little slit, and she replied, ” I might be able to get out through there, tho…”. I said, “You?” To which she looked sly and said, “Krissa, I don’t have any bag to hold me back, now! You don’t know what I might do!”
- Be on the lookout for a catheter free little old lady in a nightgown.
- I just totally told off a lady who called here from Dell Computers asking me if the problem we were having last Sunday was resolved. I told her no, we still haven’t been able to get it to recognize the disc drive. She said something like, “Oh.”, and immediately changed the subject a bit by asking me how it was doing otherwise. I told her, “Actually it’s running slow. My husband and I were discussing it last night and he and I have both tried all the little tricks that used to make a difference in the past with no luck.” (Keep in mind that it’s a year old next month. In other words, THE WARRANTY IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE AND NO MORE “FREE” TECH SUPPORT) She came back with, “Well, I see here you bought it with only 2GB of memory and that really isn’t enough to support Vista.”
This is where I got ticked off.
“No. It supports Vista just fine and has for almost a year now. It only started running slow just lately.”
She proceeded to tell me that if I ever wanted to get it to run well again I needed to purchase some RAM from her. Now. On the phone. Or forever be delegated to computer hell.
“No one told me it was insufficient to support Vista when I bought it.” She comes back with a snappy, “Oh, uh, well?”
I told her no thank you we’re not sinking any more money into it because we’re getting an Apple.
That got her off the line. She was originally calling to sell me another warranty.
- I am taking this opportunity to apologize for the lack of substance in this post. THAT is the state of my life, lately. Substance free…and applesauce free.