Well, Mither and Auntie-Poo departed for the long haul home, today. They will be driving north to the Ft. Worth area. We had a lovely time and H was really fairly well behaved. She hasn’t said anything resembling accusations that we were all table-dancing, man-chasing, liquor-swilling, ho’s. I am proud of her.
The house is a wreck. There is no other way to describe it. The combination of me being sick for days before the company came so it wasn’t EVEN in shape when they got here, and then spending the rest of the time frolicking and whatnot, has left it in shambles. (You know how it is once you get started dancing on tables it’s hard to stop). Now we have marauding dust bunnies, piles of dirty clothes that could take your breath away, and a state of general chaos that makes Bosnia look like a sanctuary. Now, don’t think that my dear Mither and Auntie-Poo are the direct cause of this catastrophe. No. They are more the indirect cause. Because since they have been here I have done absolutely nothing in the way of domesticity. I now pay.
In more depressing news, our beloved coffee pot, (I have named her Cecila), is trying hard to get across the point that she needs to be… put down. I know it sounds harsh but, really, she isn’t producing coffee anymore and therefore it is hard to justify her existence at this point. When filled to the top with water for a fresh, aromatic pot of delicious, life sustaining coffee, she “makes about 4 cups and quits. There is always about 6 cups of water left in the reservoir that won’t “make” until it’s been restarted two or three times.
She is only two years old and cost $130.00. This is just soooo wrong. Can you hear me, people?
Please pray for Cecilia. I will surely cry when she goes.
Comment by Tranny Head on June 8, 2008 at 7:50 pm
I have a similarly obscenely expensive coffee pot – the “Grind and Brew” that grinds whole beans and (obviously) brews, too. And it works 95% of the time, but the other 5% it dumps the grounds into the filter and then pops open . . . resulting in flaming hot water and grounds being dumped all over the counter instead of brewing properly and going into the pot. It sucks a fat one.
I think I need the el cheapo $19.99 model next time.
Comment by Serendipitous Girl on June 9, 2008 at 7:12 am
No coffee? *Shudder*
Comment by Memarie Lane on June 9, 2008 at 8:08 am
Wow. That is definitely cause for alarm. I had to pitch my coffeemaker about a year ago for reasons too gross to discuss here, but such grossness made me afraid to buy another one. Instead I bought a one-cup coffeemaker cone thing from Melita. It cost $3. It’s like a plastic cone that sits on top of your cup. You put in a #2 filter and ground coffee, then pour hot water through it. Works great, and you just throw it in the dishwasher when you’re done.
Comment by Krissa on June 9, 2008 at 11:04 am
That sounds like a great idea, however I fear it would be reduced to shreds what with the frantic making of coffee that goes on at this place. I, alas, am not the only caffeine junkie living here in the Halfway House of Nuts.
You must be logged in to post a comment.